[mythtv-users] PVR-350 IR with universial remote?

Justin luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Sun Feb 10 06:16:34 UTC 2008

Has anyone had any luck getting a PVR-350 IR input reader to work with a
Universal remote?  I'd like to eliminate all but 1 remote but haven't
been able to have any luck with IR record and I have tried over 100
different codes.   If anyone has been able to do this could you please
tell me what brands you used for programming your universal remote.  I
vaguely remember reading something about the PVR-350 using an odd
protocol and am expecting that this is my problem.   Also what are some
other cheap IR devices that I could use instead of the PVR-350 input
device that is more friendly with Universal remotes.

Thanks