[mythtv-users] Friendly Messenger stating that "YOUR MYTHWEB IS INSECURE"

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Feb 10 03:13:46 UTC 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 2:35 PM, Big Wave Dave <bigwavedave at gmail.com> wrote:

<--snip-->

> I've taken to using SSL as much as possible; I figure SSL + apache
> passwords + application passwords keeps most of the bad critters out....
> It would be good if mythweb had the ability to limit access based on
> user accounts.
>
> Now if only I could figure out how to run virtual SSL hosts, but I
> understand that's pretty much impossible.

You should take a look at:
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2007/08/10/ssl-enabled-name-based-apache-virtual-host
s-with-mod_gnutls/

Dave

Its really crazy how many people have boxes wide open.  I did a quick search
for mythweb in google then skipped to the 50th page or so and found a box
within 5 mins!

People just dont understand or have to much trust.

Mitchell

This is funny. I just did the same search and guess what. The first box I
found also had "Your Myth box is not secure"

The other channels were

"I thought about deleting"

"Everthing but decided to"

"Be nice.  WTF are you doing!"