[mythtv-users] Pointers for MythTV frontend on Koolu?

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 23:11:56 UTC 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 4:29 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> Actually if top is showing you 95% CPU usage I'd guess that is your
> problem. MPEG4 decoding takes much more CPU than MPEG2, assuming no
> hardware help.

No, this is a low-power computer (9 watts!) , and I haven't tried
transcoding yet. The videos on the mythtv backend report that they are
MPEG-2 when I query them with mplayer.

I suspect the clue about transcoding to mpeg4 is legit; the
motherboard has the AMD Geode chipset onboard which supposedly has
hardware decode. And the koolu.org site is emphatic that you have to
download the AMD driver set to get MythTV to work, which I have done.

--
Ted Roche