[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup crashes when channel scanning

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Feb 9 15:24:57 UTC 2008

yes, I have the same problem. The channel scanner is very
erratic...sometimes crashes (either before or after scanning),
sometimes hangs at the end (and I have to Ctrl-C), and sometimes it
works fine. I tried building a debug version to get a trace log once,
but it didn't want to crash on me that time.

The other problem I have with it is that it often doesn't pick up the
callsigns and channel numbers correctly. I seem to have more luck with
this if I then go back in and rescan the individual transports.

--
Ron