[mythtv-users] Record on any channel except

Matt MacDonald macdonald.matthew at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 15:06:49 UTC 2008

Hello,

I believe that I have a uniquely Canadian issue.  Certain programs (Las
Vegas is one) have the same name in English and French.  This means that
when I set it to record on any station in any timeslot, it will also attempt
to record it on the French channels.  I would like to keep the French
channels in my lineup, so is there a way to set up Mythtv to record on any
station except or only record in English (I know that this one is unlikely).

This particular show looks the same in English and French (category etc),
the only obvious difference is that the subtitle and description is in
French and the channel is 10.

  Las Vegas <http://192.168.2.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1010/1202965200>: La
Chasse aux as Crime drama Ed reçoit la visite imprévue d'un de ses anciens
collègues de travail qui met la vie de tous en danger. 10 - CHOT (Ch. 40) Thu
Feb 14, 2008, 12:00 AM<http://192.168.2.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1010/1202965200> 1
hr

Las Vegas <http://192.168.2.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1009/1203127200>: Three
Weddings and A Funeral Crime drama Danny, Piper and Mitch, along with the
surveillance room, are taken hostage when thieves attempt to steal a rare
stamp that is up for auction at the Montecito; Mike's mom discovers that he
has gotten married without her being there. 9 - WDIV Fri Feb 15, 2008, 09:00
PM <http://192.168.2.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1009/1203127200>
Fri Feb 15, 2008, 09:00 PM
(CIIIOT)<http://192.168.2.10/mythweb/tv/detail/1003/1203127200> 2
hrs