[mythtv-users] NVP prebuffering pause

Mircea Marghidanu mirceam at nervus.org
Sat Feb 9 11:32:29 UTC 2008

Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> Confirmed, lots of dropped frame to catch up, while watching live SD
> tv, then rewind a few seconds, and it is all good.  Here is the log
> when I do that.
> Attached

> http://www.eset.com
>
> On 8-Feb-08, at 2:25 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 02/08/2008 04:14 PM, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
>>> Here is the log attached.  It was the perfect test.  SD from
>>> firewire.  Standard pausing etc...
>>>
>>> Just to fit int he 40K limit for attachments, I cut out about a
>>> thousand of the messages below too
>>
>> Well, your Myth isn't compiled to allow OpenGL video rendering, so
>> you're not using that.  However, this does show that you have Xv support
>> (which should be better, anyway) in your card, so whoever said that the
>> NV8 series doesn't support Xv seemed to have confused Xv with XvMC
>> (which is definitely not supported).  That means you should really
>> adjust your playback profile to use Xv as the renderer instead of
>> OpenGL.
>>
>> I'm thinking, though, that you need to adjust your audio settings.
>>
>> For "Audio output device", use "ALSA:default" for "Mixer device" use
>> "default" (no quotes in either).  You currently have "ALSA:default" with
>> "/dev/mixer", which won't work.
>>
>> Mike

> http://www.eset.com

> http://www.eset.com

I had the same issue as you did but it went away after setting the
primary deinterlacer to BOB 2x.

I have mythsvn compiled without OpenGL-video (i'm running on an onboard
nvidia 7150) but with xvmc (not xvmc-opengl). I also have the standard
decoder to use 2 cpus in the playback settings.

Also, I use ALSA:default for the audio output device, Default for the
passthrough device, and I dont use aggressive sound card buffering.

Hope this helps.