[mythtv-users] NVP prebuffering pause

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:41:59 UTC 2008

On 2/8/08, Mark Hutchinson <mark at onnow.net> wrote:
> OK, a bit more info perhaps would assist.
>
> It is all local, no NFS, 80 gig SATA drive, I see no real IO wait, 4
> gigs ram, Core2duo 1.86 ghz ( too slow you think ) and I dont see much
> load on the cpu.

The CPU is definitely fast enough... I suggest you look at (or reply
with) your front end log with -v playback set (mythfrontend -l foo.log
-v playback) starting when you hit play up to the first few pauses
(not the whole thing).  This contains a great deal of info and should
give some clues what to try.