[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Kisner, Thomas tkisner at necunified.com
Fri Feb 8 19:13:43 UTC 2008

>>Of course, I could just go with the full MythFrontend.app in the
>>hacked AppleTV frontend, but I heard it is a bit on the sluggish side.
>>

>If you want 100 percent painless, go for a MacMini and mythfrontend
>under OSX. But of course, three times the cost. I have both and if I
>was not so stubborn, I'd deploy the MacMini int the media room and
>get another one for development.

What is that status of running the OSX Myth Frontend on a hacked
AppleTV?  Is it able to do HD yet (maybe on .21?).  Everything I've read
so far says no...is it even possible (720p or 1080i)?  Or is the lack of
XvMC going to kill it "forever"?

I'd rather have it on Linux personally, but it seems like that would
cause more problems than it fixes and sounds like a pretty painful
setup?