[mythtv-users] OT Superbowl and Direct TV, 2 separate items.

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Fri Feb 8 05:47:48 UTC 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008, at 9:34 PM, Remco Treffkorn wrote:
> > Okay, I bite.
> >
> > You seem to think it is legal for him to record the content in the
> > first
> > place. So you seem to say he has a license to own the recording.
>
> No, he has the legal right to view the copy he personally made for his
> own personal use. He does not have the right to own the recording or
> anything else the copyright holder owns.
>
> > If that is true for him, it should be true for somebody else.
> >
> > Somehow, if the other person gives their legal copy to the first
> > person (also
> > legally entitled to have a copy) a crime is committed?
>
> No "a copy" but rather "THE copy personally made for personal viewing
> only"
>
> > I am sure in your universe right angles are 87 degrees...
> >
> > I think the mailing list admin can speak for himself.
> > Censorship by proxy sucks.
>
> Getting this list shut down because of illegal discussions sucks even
> more. It's been said over and over again not to discuss illegal
> activity on the list. Please respect the list admin's wishes.

Whatever happend to the bottom posting rule? You seem to be a bit selective
about what rules matter to you.

Illegal discussion? Are you posting from Russia? East Germany (oh, never
mind).

You also seem to be a Supreme Court judge. I will submit to your superior
interpretation of copyright law, and shut up now.

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT