[mythtv-users] new mythbox

Brian Boorman bboorman at frontiernet.net
Fri Feb 8 03:40:31 UTC 2008

That system should be capable enough. A couple of my thoughts...
1. Would swap out the SATA DVD drive with a PATA drive, leave the 2nd SATA
channel for a future 2nd HDD.
2. Make the cable company give you IEEE-1394 enabled boxes. They are
required to do so under FCC regs. Add a multiport firewire card in the PCI
slot and use that as you capture method.
3. Otherwise, I would consider a mobo with 3 PCI slots (this only has 2) if
you really want to stay with a couple of PVR-150's.

My system is similar (same case, comparable motherboard) and I am using a
Sempron-64 processor. It can record and playback simulateously without too
much effort with 512MB of RAM. I currently just use the VGA port to connect
to my 37" 720p TV at 1368x768 native resolution.

-Brian