[mythtv-users] MPEG streams from certain channels don't play properly (#3773)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 7 22:50:37 UTC 2008

On 02/07/2008 03:19 PM, Curtis Stanford wrote:
>> Curtis Stanford <curtis at stanfordcomputing.com> wrote on ticket #3773:
>>
>>> For the last few weeks, SVN version has not been playing MPEG
>>> streams from my SD movie channel correctly. The video plays too fast
>>> and the audio skips and doesn't sync with the video. It seems to
>>> play OK until I jump forward or back and then it goes all to hell.
> I don't know if that's the same thing as I'm seeing. My problem
> channels are the 3 or 4 SD movies channels I have. Like you say, the
> HD stuff is fine but the SD is not. I'm not sure if they're digital or
> not. I assumed they were. My theory at the time was that, because they
> play mostly movies, the 3:2 pulldown might be a problem or something.
> Just a guess. Other channels which I think are analog play fine.
>
> My recordings don't stop either. The firewire works fine but just
> produces a file that mythtv can't play very well. The same channel on
> another television hooked directly to the cable box works OK. I've
> tried every combination of deinterlacers, XvMC, etc. with no difference.

Curtis, as a trunk user, you may be affected by the exact same
configuration issue discussed in
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/314870#314870 (are
you running an NV8-series GPU)?

See also http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/314913#314913

If that fixes the issue, please post a comment to #3773 that the issue
was due to a misconfiguration of your playback profiles so it can be closed.

Mike