[mythtv-users] Modifying LCDProc GoodBye when shuttiong down?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Feb 7 20:44:21 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008, at 12:03 AM, j2 at mupp.net wrote:
>

>> Quoting Jonatan <mythtv at comhem.se>:
>>

>>> I use something like this in the script that sets the wakeup time:
>>>
>>> /etc/init.d/LCDd stop
>>>
>>> # Input date format should be yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
>>> DAY=`echo $2 | sed 's/T.*$//'`
>>> TIME=`echo $2 | sed 's/.*T\(.*\):[0-9]*$/\1/'`
>>> TIME_S=`echo $2 | sed 's/.*T//'`
>>>
>>> echo -n " Next recording $DAY $TIME" > /dev/lcd0
>>>
>>> echo $DAY $TIME_S > /proc/acpi/alarm
>>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Thanks, but if I then power off the machine, LCDProc will replace
>> that message with the string from "GOODBYE" of LDCProc.conf when
>> LCDProc shuts down.
>>
>> What i want is that text to remain on the display when the box is
>> powered down (Since my display gets standby power)
>>

> Sounds like at the end of that script, you need to open LCDProc.conf,
> use a regex to replace the value of GOODBYE and save the file. Not
> sure how to do that in a shell script. Easy in Perl. :)

The GOODBYE message is hardcoded, at least in the 4.x version of LCDProc
I'm using, so what I had to do was modify the code and change it to a
more appropriate message for a Myth only system. Don't know if it's
still hardcoded in 5.0 though.

Paul H.