[mythtv-users] USB-UIRT + wake from suspend-to-ram

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:15:40 UTC 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 9:54 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Next I try to use the remote to wake the machine. Before going to
> sleep, I make sure USB0 is enabled in /proc/acpi/wakeup. When I go to
> sleep, the remote will NOT wake the system. I have to wake it with the
> keyboard.
>
> Now heres the odd thing...after it wakes up, I physically unplug the
> USB-UIRT from the USB port, then plug it right back into the same
> port. When I do this, a new node gets created for /dev/ttyUSB1. Of
> course, lirc no longer works now, but when I suspend, the remote will
> now wake the machine up.
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Ron,

Interesting discovery.  I had given up on getting my M$ MCE-USB
receiver to wake from hibernate/suspend states, even though I could
see that it had power due to the standby led being lit.

Could it be that LIRC "owns" the /dev/ttyUSB0 device and so it can't
"do whatever it is that needs to be done" to wake up the system, while
/dev/ttyUSB1 isn't connected with LIRC and, as a consequence, can "do
whatever it is that needs to be done"?

Probably time to take this issue to the USB driver gurus, wherever it
is they congregate.

Would be nice to find a solution, so please report back to this list
if you find a solution somewhere else.

Craig.