[mythtv-users] USB-UIRT + wake from suspend-to-ram

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Feb 7 15:54:50 UTC 2008

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting my URB-UIRT to both function
with lirc and wake the system from a suspend to ram state. I've
already used the windows utility to program the wakeup codes into the
USB-UIRT

When I boot up the system with the USB-UIRT plugged in, it gets
created as /dev/ttyUSB0. I setup a udev rule to create a symlink to
that for /dev/lirc. Once I do that, everything works fine with
lirc...I can control mythfrontend.

When I try to got to sleep, I stop lircd (because it seems not to
survive the sleep-wake process), "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state",
wake the computer with the keyboard, and restart lirc. When I do this,
lirc functions fine.

Next I try to use the remote to wake the machine. Before going to
sleep, I make sure USB0 is enabled in /proc/acpi/wakeup. When I go to
sleep, the remote will NOT wake the system. I have to wake it with the
keyboard.

Now heres the odd thing...after it wakes up, I physically unplug the
USB-UIRT from the USB port, then plug it right back into the same
port. When I do this, a new node gets created for /dev/ttyUSB1. Of
course, lirc no longer works now, but when I suspend, the remote will
now wake the machine up.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
--
Ron