[mythtv-users] "Odometer" Threads

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 7 00:47:46 UTC 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> Has Cinelerra progressed to the point that it's actually installable by
> mere mortals now?

Sure. I just put the correct repository in sources.list and adept will
install it into a Kubuntu system with no problems.

The only other thing you have to do is increase shmmax to 0x7fffffff,
but Cinelerra itself will tell you that if you haven't done it already.

The repository I used was:

deb http://giss.tv/~vale/ubuntu64 ./

Or "32" if you're using a 32-bit machine or OS

It's working well for me

>>> Probably.  If someone can convince Tek that this patent will impact
>>> Profile sales, it will go away.
>>>
>>> Anyone know anybody at Tek?
>> Mostly salesmen and technical instructors. I wonder if Boskhar Pant is
>> still there? I'll look into it.
>
> Do please.  I've lost all the contacts I had from the early 90s myself;
> I used to know the founder of Prime Image, at least at secnod hand.

I've email-retired former co-workers to look into it.

beww