[mythtv-users] Xine not exiting Fedora 8

M A hoolahoous at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 23:48:25 UTC 2008

I have xine .99.5 installed from atrpms on my Fedora 8
(2.6.23.9-85.fc8 kernel) running GNome. Mythfrontend
version is  0.20.2-170.fc8. Installed using Jarod's
guide.

I can not get xine to exit using LIRC. Here is
relevent section from lirc.

begin

        button = Stop
        prog   = xine
        repeat = 2
        config = Quit
end

I can hit the q key on keyboard to exit and that works
fine. However when I hit the mapped lirc button, it
does not exit. Rather xine goes in background. All I
am left with is 'loading' screen on mythtv. I can not
do anything since mythtv thinks xine is still running.
I have to then login using ssh and kill the xine
process. As soon as xine exits control comes back to
mythtv.

What could be wrong. I do not think it is focus issue
since I can see that xine is still running in
background and I have to kill it explicitly to get
mythtv control back.