[mythtv-users] "Odometer" Threads

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 6 15:38:41 UTC 2008

I put this on a new thread as I suspect a lot of folks, like myself, are
filtering the main odometer thread.

I hate that I have become so cynical, and I want to state immediately
that this is probably a totally paranoid and incorrect thought, but:

With the recent victory by TiVo over DISH regarding the infringement of
the patent for recording one program while watching another, do we
really want to be giving out information that might be used against us?

Obviously anyone using more than 1 tuner is almost certainly violating
that patent as well, or at least could be, and Myth might be seen as
enabling technology.

I don't mean to accuse the OP of anything but sterling motives, there
are a lot of legitimate reasons for asking the original question, but
it's something to think about.

beww