[mythtv-users] Delay start time on just one channel?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 6 01:33:06 UTC 2008

On 02/05/2008 07:43 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 6:37 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My wife and I have been recording a bunch of shows on TLC.  It
>> appears, though, that TLC's broadcast is about a minute behind
>> everyone else's - we get the ends of our shows cut off.  Is there a
>> way to set a start late and end late for a whole channel?
> Is there anything I can do about this?

Yes.  Though this may not be the best solution, it will work:

If the shows you record on that channel are only recorded from that
channel, just change the Start Early (i.e. -1)/End Late (i.e. +1) values
on the recording rule.

If the shows you record on that channel are sometimes recorded from
other channels, too, then create an "any time on this channel" rule for
the show with appropriate Start Early/End Late values.  Note that you
should have this rule /in addition/ to the rule for "any time on any
channel."

Someone smarter than me in the scheduler's internals would have to
recommend better/easier/more efficient approaches.

Mike