[mythtv-users] Burn recordings without commercials?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 6 00:43:58 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> Corey Wirun wrote:
>> Is it possible to burn commercial-less recordings to DVD using mytharchive?
>
> You can use the cutlist to edit out the commercials, then burn as usual.
>
> Note that some folks have reported lipsync problems when doing this.

I've not used MythArchive to save stuff, but I use cutlists and MythTV's
built-in lossless transcoding to prepare files for encoding with the scripts
I've devised.  The lossless transcoder also converts the transport streams
captured from the cable box and the HD tuner to program streams, which avoids
some TS-related problems.  Sync has not usually been a problem for me.

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter