[mythtv-users] Poor quality video on UDP/Multicast broadcast

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:23:20 UTC 2008

Hi

I've set MythTV to watch IPTV channels broadcast by my ADSL provider.

While the picture is perfect watching it on VLC, with MythTV on the
same machine it is extremely poor. It often cuts, image is pixelated
by big green square ; sound cuts out etc.

Running latest SVN revision for both the backend and the frontend.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

BTW, I've set up an how-to page on how to watch those IPTV streams
from my ISP (TPG) with MythTV, for anyone interested
http://www.avenard.org/iptv/MythTV.html
with mythfrontend binary for Intel based mac.

Thank you in advance
Any help will be greatly appreciated.