[mythtv-users] Running mythfrontend on a remote display?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Tue Feb 5 11:41:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 12:17:50PM +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> Is it possible to watch TV and recordings when running mythfrontend on a
> remote display?  I use MythTV from svn.  When I run mythfrontend on a
> remote display and try to watch TV, MythTV tells that video
> initialization failed and reports the following errors to standard/error
> output:

You're trying to run video over the X protocol? No, that won't
work.

Instead, run mythfrontend on the remote machine and connect it
via MythTV's own protocols to the backend and database. All the
video decoding will happen on the remote machine.

-dsr-

subversive content by DHS, and is
believed to be treasonous Commie propaganda.