[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 & LIRC

eric bernhart bernhart2002 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:48:09 UTC 2008

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:29:54 +0000
> From: "Nick F"
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Fedora 8 & LIR
> To: "Discussion about mythtv"
>
> On Feb 3, 2008 5:25 AM, eric bernhart  wrote:
>
>> Hello All, I just updated my os today from fedora 7 to fedora 8.
>> Everything has went smoothly expect LIRC no longer works. I have updated the
>> kernel and the kernel-devel packages and recompiled LIRC... still
>> nothing.... the strange thing is LIRC is creating a device name /dev/lircm
>> instead of /dev/lirc0 in FC7.
>> Connecting to the device using "lircd -n -d/dev/lircm" works fine. IRW is
>> able to connect the deamon but nothing happens from there. It just doesn't
>> output anything.
>> Has anyone else seen this problem? Any idea's on how to fix it?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded three frontends to F8 (from F7 and F6 before that) - and LIRC
> works fine all all of them.  Creating /dev/lirc0.  I didn't compile myself
> and used the kmdl from atrpms .

Ok this is the error that I get when I compile

        make -C /lib/modules/2.6.23.14-107.fc8/build/ SUBDIRS=/home/eric/cvs/lircfc8/lirc/drivers/lirc_mceusb2 modules \
                KBUILD_VERBOSE=1
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.23.14-107.fc8-x86_64'
test -e include/linux/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || (           \
        echo;                                                           \
        echo "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";               \
        echo "         include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";      \
        echo "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.";  \
        echo;                                                           \
        /bin/false)

Try both the make oldconfig and make prepare will not fix this error. Both the files autoconf.h and auto.conf are in the correct locations...... I know the source code worked in FC7.  Any ideas?