[mythtv-users] Firewire stability/reliability DCT6200

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 19:28:01 UTC 2008

I've occasionally had problems getting firewire to work after hitting
an encrypted channel, too.  If you have this problem, you may want to
manually change the channel to a known safe station (either on the
box itself or using 6200ch) and try again.

Also, firewire_tester (don't know if it's included in the default
myth install - it's there in mythdora) can be used to stabilize
broken firewire connections.

Broadcast and P2P are two ways you can record programs over firewire.
I don't know what the technical difference is between the two, but
sometimes if you have problems with one method, the other will work.
I couldn't get P2P to work reliably on my 6200 and moving to
Broadcast fixed things.

Justin