[mythtv-users] Firewire stability/reliability DCT6200

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:16:37 UTC 2008

In general, the long pause followed by being dumped back to the menu means
the channel is set to copy-none (encrypted) and you won't be able to tune it
via firewire.  Keep in mind that the encryption is often on a per-program
basis, so you may be able to tune a given channel for one program and not
for the next.  I run into this with my HBO HD, for example. Some shows will
record fine, others won't.

You may want to look into whether the tuning works more reliably in
broadcast mode than P2P mode.  I presume, based on the informed way you are
talking about it, that you have followed the wiki page, but if you haven't
make sure to check that out as it helped me through most of my firewire
tuning problems.

Robert