[mythtv-users] Re-doing my backend

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 09:48:55 UTC 2008

On 04/02/2008, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Feb 4, 2008 11:46 AM, David Frascone <frasconebulk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Humm . . Mine is a 2.2 or so Ghz P4 -- think it can keep up?
> >

> Is this just a backend ?
>
> If yes then 2GHz is plenty of power with plenty to spare.
>
> I run a 200MHz machine with all the services you mentioned , and the
> CPU never gets over 5% !
>
> To the person who also replied. A Core 2 Duo a 2.4Ghz is significantly
> faster than a 3GHz P4 ... hardly a valid comparison

A 200Mhz machine you say....interesting....

I'm currently doing a theoretical exercise trying to figure out the lowest
power (as in electricity) backend you can get.

The Mini-ITX boards can go as low as ~20w idle (or less), but are very
limited in PCI slots (useful in a backend!)

Anyone know if you can get multi-PCI slot boards with these kind of power
requirements?

Cheers

Steve