[mythtv-users] Super Bowl Commercial Detection

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 4 05:57:31 UTC 2008

On 02/03/2008 05:49 PM, Jeff Hardy wrote:
> I am always more than satisfied with the commercial detection in Myth
> TV.  However, being as that it is that time of year again, I was
> wondering what the best way is to reverse the logic of the detection.
> In other words, cut the "game" out leaving only the commercials
> behind. :)

It's ez to turn your commercial flag list into a cut list.  While
playing back the recording, hit 'e' to edit the recording and 'z' to
import the commercial flagging skip list (note that 'z' is also the
"skip to next commercial break marker" key while in playback mode, so it
makes sense to use it to import the skip list in edit mode).  Pretty ez,
aye?

Now, to invert the cut list, just say so with 'i'.  So, it's really ez, i?

ezi

Once you're done watching commercials, if you want to get back to the
show, use c or q in edit mode to clear the cutlist.

Too bad, though, that this years commercials weren't nearly as good as
Myth's ability to jump right to them.

Mike