[mythtv-users] Audio or Video, not Both

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Sun Feb 3 21:24:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 12:37 -0500, Reid Anderson wrote:
> audio (thanks to the headphone-RCA wire).  Meanwhile, I get absolutely
> nothing over my SPDIF Digital Optical (which runs to my Sony DAV-IS10
> Home Theater System) no matter how I set things up.
>

> Ideally, I would have all audio from the ShuttlePC MythTV going to the
> Sony Home Theater over the SPDIF Optical and video being carried over
> HDMI to the Sony TV.

Reid,

As per the problem with getting audio to your amp...
Not considering driver support or issues your system might have, etc:

I have a Sony STR-K670P 5.1 system (granted, not the same Sony as yours,
but the same thing may apply) and I had a hell of a time getting it to
see/play AC3 on it via coax or optical (it would just say DEC. EROR) before
looking in the manual and finding out that DEC. XXXX has to be set to
DEC. AUTO and not DEC. PCM (the default). You might want to check the
manual for yours on how to do that (yours may or may not say DEC EROR
if it can't play the data - I have a Yamaha receiver too that gives no
feedback if it doesn't understand the data sent to it; it simply does nothing).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jesse Burt