[mythtv-users] XM Radio, anyone?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 19:33:48 UTC 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 1:19 PM, David Frascone <frasconebulk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got several "works in progress" that I'd like to clean up and
> submit.  So, I thought I'd judge interest and see if I need to waste my
> time.
>
> First on the line is XM Radio.  I leveraged the work of some other people
> (too lazy to look it up now, but it's on the wiki), and got XM working
> nicely.  But, I added a few things that some people would probably like:
>
> 1) The XM as proposed just let you add your "favorite" channels.  So, I
> wrote a script to scrape the listings from xmradio.com, group them by
> genre, and use a canned list of "favorites" and build nice xml menus.
>
> 2) I always insert XM into my front ends by hand, but I could easily
> script something to insert it into the main menu -- or is there a better
> way?
>
> That's about it -- the wiki installation did all of the heavy lifting.
>
> So -- if you're interested in any of this, please let me know, and I'll
> package up a patch.
>
> -Dave

I am for sure interested.  About 6 months ago i went through the wiki guide
and got some stations working but could never get Squiz (48) which is my fav
and without that didnt like it so much.  Also, it would be sweet if we could
display the song title and artist on the GUI.  Using MythUI, just like the
clock or MythMusic Mini player.  I relize this would be much more complex
but would be cool just to see some more developement done.

Thanks,
Mitchell