[mythtv-users] Recording/live-tv video quality (aka do PVR150 encoders suck?)

Scott Traurig straurig at comcast.net
Sun Feb 3 15:26:03 UTC 2008

> Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 12:55:08 -0800
> From: "Gabe Rubin" <gaberubin at gmail.com>
>
> You may have missed my email in the huge pile of emails, but you can
> purchase an s-video to composite adapter for under $5 (and I believe
> one comes with many of the pvr-x50 cards):

Thanks, Gabe. I did miss your first post. I get the digest and sometimes I
think it drops the occasional post into the bit bucket on me.

I don't have high hopes for this one. It should arguably be worse because
the $5 "solder the wires together and add a capacitor" hack does not do a
very good job of converting in the composite to S-video direction. However
for $5 I'll probably give it a try and will report back when I do.

Thanks again,

Scott