[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 & LIRC

eric bernhart bernhart2002 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 3 05:25:17 UTC 2008

Hello All, I just updated my os today from fedora 7 to fedora 8. Everything has went smoothly expect LIRC no longer works. I have updated the kernel and the kernel-devel packages and recompiled LIRC... still nothing.... the strange thing is LIRC is creating a device name /dev/lircm instead of /dev/lirc0 in FC7.
Connecting to the device using "lircd -n -d/dev/lircm" works fine. IRW is able to connect the deamon but nothing happens from there. It just doesn't output anything.
Has anyone else seen this problem? Any idea's on how to fix it?
Regards
Eric