[mythtv-users] How to position blackbox windows?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 05:03:28 UTC 2008

I'm using Blackbox window manager. I have a bit of overscan and when I
open up an xterm window I find that it's positioned so close to the
left egde that I can't see the left most characters in the xterm
window. I've found that this setting helps in .blackboxrc:

              USE THIS:
session.windowPlacement:        CascadePlacement
              INSTEAD OF:
session.windowPlacement:        RowSmartPlacement

but then one window opens on top of another.

Does anyone know a way of telling Blackbox to open the 1st xterm at x
pixels in from the left hand edge?

Regards,
Phill