[mythtv-users] DVI Output During Boot

Ginsu Squirrel ginsu.squirrel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 01:12:16 UTC 2008

David Raine wrote:
> On 01/02/2008, Ginsu Squirrel <ginsu.squirrel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I enabled framebuffer and I still get no output from the kernel during
>> boot and when I switch to a VC from X the screen is blank.  I don't have
>> any DVI monitors, just my TV.
>>

> Check your BIOS settings. You need BIOS support to display on the DVI
> or TVOUT output during boot. If there is no BIOS support, and the
> board does not present as a standard card at boot, you won't get
> POST/BIOS output.
>
> If you have a built-in VGA on the motherboard, try disabling that.

I've tried all the options in the bios and none seemed to help.  I do
get output on the svideo if an svideo cable is plugged in and the DVI
isn't.  It seems to know when the svideo is plugged in because when I
boot w/o the svideo and then connect it, i dont get any output on it
while in the console.