[mythtv-users] difficulties using svideo input on pvr-350

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Fri Feb 1 21:42:23 UTC 2008

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I recently switched my input from the tuner (from and STB) to the
> svideo input (using an svideo to composite adapter).  I changed the
> setting in mythtv-setup to ensure that my capture card is using the
> svideo 1 input, rather than the tuner, and at first, everything seems
> to go fine.
>
> However, after a while, it seems that it reverts to the tuner, and all
> i capture is static.  I can manually enter "v4l2-ctl -i 1" at the
> command line, and this fixes things, but it does not seem to last.  Is
> there some other setting I need to add?  How can I make this setting
> stick?
>
> Thanks

What you did should work, but since it's not, you may want to try
deleting your capture card and re-adding it.

Actually, I guess you should "Delete all"?  Whenever anything related to
capture card trouble appears on the list, the first thing that pops into
my head is Michael T. Dean's mantra, "Delete all capture cards" - and
I've never even had any capture card/lineup trouble!

Well anyway, this is just a guess, really.  Maybe someone will have a
better idea.