[mythtv-users] sempron 3100 v. 64 3000+

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:26:50 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 11:13 AM, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:
> I'd swap from the Sempron to the Athlon, but I am not sure if there
> would be much difference.. that, and for some reason, the motherboards
> in my FE's don't seem to see the ability to slow up the clock speed on
> the Athlon64 3000+'s when the system is not in use (trying like mad to
> keep the energy use down a bit).

Which OS and kernel are you using?  What CPUs are installed in your
front-end systems?

When AMD introduced their 65nm CPUs (like "Lima"), they bumped the CPU
version number to 8 (while the acpi-clockmod module stopped at 7). The
kernel in Fedora Core 6 at that time had this problem, which was fixed
when Fedora 7 came out.

Anyway, you may be using a kernel which is too old for that CPU version.

Calvin