[mythtv-users] Does MythTV support HD video and media libraries

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Dec 31 14:15:09 UTC 2008

At 4:48 PM -0600 12/30/08, Igor Chudov wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 02:56:38PM -0700, Travis Tabbal wrote:
> > I'm using a DB4 antenna on the roof for my OTA. It's working great at
> > about 15 miles from the transmitters.
>
>I bought HDTV ANTENNA WINEGARD SS2000 for outdoor antenna, I am about
>25 miles west of Chicago.

The SS2000 is, I believe, not a great choice for where you are.  The DB4 has better specs and should be available for less money.  Channel Master has made very good products although their 4221 and 4228 products were recently replaced.  Not to say the new ones are bad, just not much experience with them out there yet.

BTW, isn't Chicago one of the markets where a stations is going back to a VHF-lo channel, post-transition?

Lots of good information about OTA reception at:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Check out the OTA knowledge base and the OTA antenna chart sticky threads.

Craig