[mythtv-users] backed seems to die regularly but nothing in log

Ben Edwards list4me2 at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:09:40 UTC 2008

I seem to be loosing my backed process at least every 24 hours.  If I
look in  mythbackend.log there does not seem to be any errors (last
line is normally something like 'Scheduled 192 items in 1.2 = 0.14
match + 1.03 place').  I am using the myth packages from Ubuntu
Intrepid Ibex.  The box was originally built some years ago on Ubuntu
(cant remember which version) and has had the mythbuntu package
installed recently.  This problem seems to of happened since I had to
replace the motherboard/cpu/gpu/psu after motherboard/psu died.  Apart
from new hardware I am now using nfs.

Are there any other log files I should look at?  Is there a way on
increasing the logging?  Any other ideas?

Regards,
Ben