[mythtv-users] Grabbers

Ian Liverton mythtv-users at ianliverton.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 10:48:25 UTC 2008

> Configuring video sources, mythtv does not find any grabbers. Run
> standalone, tv_find_grabbers finds them. What am I missing?

Try running

time tv_find_grabbers

How long does it take to run?  I seem to remember I had a problem with a
grabber responding very slowly, and mythtv-setup getting bored and giving
up.  I think the timeout is 30 secs?

I bodged mine by making the tv_find_grabbers script more specific.  The
grabbers searched for are specified around line 85 (in the version I'm
running).  Look for the line

my @grabbers = <$p/tv_grab_*>;

Change it to something more specific; for instance because I'm in the uk I
didn't care about any other grabbers, so I made it

my @grabbers = <$p/tv_grab_uk*>;

HTH

Ian