[mythtv-users] Following on from BBC listings....

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 08:30:13 UTC 2008

On 29/12/2008, OneBob <onebob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All and Seasons Greetings too....
>
> I've not had to much trouble with my setup (MythDora BE & Mythbuntu FE) but
> I do get annoyed when for a series I set up 'record any time on this
> channel' - because the time keeps changing every week (eg Merlin - thanks
> beeb) - and it consistently goes for the Sunday repeat instead of the first
> showing on Saturday?!? Why is this?

Are you recording any other programmes at the same time? If so, you
could try increasing the priority for the Merlin rule, or as Mike
suggested recreating the rule based on the first showing of the week's
new episode.

As I understand how things currently work, the 'channel' recording
type will look at all data for a channel and choose the 'best'
recording time, irrespective of what time the rule was created. Note
that the 'weekly' recording type can be constrained to start looking
at a particular date/time, which is how sometimes the repeat is always
recorded instead of the first showing of an episode.

As a test, I just configured a 'channel' rule for Holby City (which I
noticed is repeated on the same channel 6 days after the first
showing) and configured the rule on the repeat episode. When I checked
the updated schedule it had scheduled this week's episode for the
first showing (using a free recording slot), and next week's for the
repeat slot as there were existing scheduled recordings.

I still have a few (currently 24) channel rules, compared to over 50
anytime rules (of which most are actually power search or title search
rules). I've not had any real issues with channel rules, but with the
growing number of sister channels avaialble for a channel (e.g. over
time BBC stuff can be on BBC1/2/3/4/HD/UKTV) I tend to create new
rules as anytime rules, and update old rule if required.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: