[mythtv-users] [mythtv] OSD missing

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 29 12:39:44 UTC 2008

Jon Bishop wrote:
> Hmm... Interesting. Perhaps it's a specific piece of hardware you
> have? I would check the updates as they're installing (one at a time)
> and see which one breaks it. That's the only think I can think of to
> narrow it down. Maybe it's the version of nvidia drivers (I presume
> you have the nvidia repository setup in yast?). I've had better luck
> with manually downloading and installing the drivers for my nvidia
> card, but I'm using a legacy GPU, so there is no really current
> builds...

It's the open source ati driver I'm using (specifically "radeon"). I'm
pretty sure that wasn't the cause, though. That driver I had to rebuild
myself, and I've used the same, very recent version, under SuSE and
under Minimyth, with the former showing the problem and the latter not.
I was using SuSE just for an initial test of the hardware. I'm not
actively looking to fix it at the moment, so I probably can't be much
help to the OP. I just thought it worth mentioning my experience, just
in case it was helpful.

Cheers,
	Paul.