[mythtv-users] Problem X/TV display with nvidia card

Claude Gélinas claude at phyto.qc.ca
Mon Dec 29 04:16:27 UTC 2008

New FE/BE with FC9 nvidia 9800GT latest driver 180.17 from nvidia, one
PVR 500 and mythtv from svn.

X display on Sony Bravia TV via DMI port #2 with DMI to HDMI cable.
Everything is fine except if I close TV when I open it X is gone. Is
there a way that the nvidia card can 'remember' the TV and be still
there when I open my TV again.

xorg.conf is the one configure by the nvidia driver install. Do I need
to add something else in it or should I plug the TV via the S-Video
port. I want to have X and TV-out on the same TV.
Also TV out quality is poor is there something I should add to the
xorg.conf to improve it.

What else do I need to check

Claude