[mythtv-users] BBC Timing issues

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 18:30:46 UTC 2008

On 27/12/2008, ub40dd <ub40dd at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Stephen Bridges <widget at stdin.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

> > > A Matter of Loaf and Death is repeated on New Year's Day at 1900.
> >
> > Although cruelly with a different title so MythTV didn't find it
> > automatically.
>
> A killer combination... Thank heavens for the kind people on this list,
> otherwise I would have missed it!
>  A conspiracy theorist would see a pattern in this combination of
> pvr-hostile goofs... and yet they're the channels who GET my license
> money...

The data made available by the Radio Times' XMLTV service is in turn
provided by a third-party company, so any goofs are theirs (even if
the source data they use for the BBC channels originally comes from
the Beeb...)

I added some processing to the uk_rt grabber to allow inconsistent
titles to be rewritten ('&' vs 'and', etc) but hadn't noticed this
particular one. I'll try to add some more debug output for such titles
so I can try and take action when they are spotted.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: