[mythtv-users] mytharchive standard dvd on Sony Blu Ray Player

David Foster dbfoster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 23:10:52 UTC 2008

I have been having good luck making standard dvd's from recorded shows with
mytharchive.
For Christmas we got a Sony Blu Ray player. The Blu Ray(brp-bx1) player can
not navigate the menus properly.
I have tried different themes and they all hang on the opening intro
animation. They work great in my old dvd player so there must be some
compatibility issue here.

using the Mythcenter theme...
insert the dvd into the blu ray player and the opening intro animations(blue
mythtv logo) comes up(no sound) then fades away. That's where it hangs, at
about 3/4s of the way faded out.
If I hit the top menu button on the remote it goes back and plays the intro
animation again and freezes in the same spot.
if I hit the "pop up /menu" button I get the chapter menu for the first
program and it works well, just no way to get to the second program.
If I mess around with the dvd options button I can brows the dvd folders in
sort of an explorer mode and can pick from 4 folders(program 1,2,3 and 4),
so I can kind of get around
Anyone else having this much fun?

mythbuntu 8.10
mytharchive 0.21.0+fixes18722-0ubuntu1