[mythtv-users] MythArchive: I don't get it

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Dec 27 00:13:23 UTC 2008

On Friday 26 December 2008 17:08:13 The GUIGuy wrote:
> I am confident that I am following the available information
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythArchive).
>
> In particular I have followed the instructions at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythArchive#To_create_a_DVD
>
> and, of course, taken on board the hints and tips offered here.
>
> Nevertheless, it just doesn't seem to work. As my test I wanted to
> create an ISO file suitable for a single layer DVD. To fit the two files
> onto the disk they have to be reduced to SD.

The stock MythArchive lets me make dual-layer DVDs with no problems, simply
select DL media in the first screen after telling it you want to create a
DVD.

Looks like you are trying to create a PAL disk with video that has 1280x720
resolution. This won't work, AFAIK.

Do you really want a pal disk? Mostplayers won't accept HD resolutions on a
DVD.

Also looks like you are trying to use a transport stream, not a program
stream.

--
beww
beww at beww.org