[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect problem

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 23:19:00 UTC 2008

On 12/26/2008 5:00 PM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> On my first attempt to create a schedule (Video Sources -> Video Source
> setup) entering my SchedulesDiret username/password results in this:
>
> -2008-12-26 14:19:07--  (try: 5)  http://
> webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadir
> Connecting to webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com|
> 206.18.98.175|:80...
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
> Reusing existing connection to
> webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com:80.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... No data received.
>
> Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Is mythtv perhaps not doing the
> username/password correctly?
The way MythTV works, one 401 error is actually normal. (wget then
resends with a user/pass).  "No data received" the second time is unusual.

Have you chosen a lineup on the SchedulesDirect web site? (that mistake
usually causes a 500 error)

Make sure you specify your SD *username* not email in your MythTV
config.  They used to be the same, but no longer have to be.

Robert