[mythtv-users] OT: OTA HD

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 23:15:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 25 December 2008 12:03:57 Allen Edwards wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:31 PM, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Interesting topic guys and terrific information!
> > >
> > > My TV only has a single coax input - is there a way to combine
> > > over-the-air channels with the cable company cable into a single
> source?
> > >

> > >       (OA)     (CABLE)
> > >
> > >              \    /
> > >

> > >          (TV Input)
> > >

> > > AJM,

> > You want a switch like one of these:
> > https://www.tselectronic.com/gc/video/abswitch.html
> >
> > Same drawing you have but replace the Y with a switch.
>
> The problem is that Myth would have trouble actuating the switch (perhaps a
> big solenoid?). Something that a computer can control would be better.
>

> --
> beww
> beww at beww.org

I thought he wanted an input to his TV, which I guess would be OT.  If he
wants two inputs into his mythtv box, he should get a second capture card,
like the HDHR.

If he really wants a computer controlled switch, that would be an RF relay
instead of an RF switch.  Easier to get a second capture card.

Allen