[mythtv-users] Upgrading to Fedora 10 "insufficient disk space

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 21:56:01 UTC 2008

gaberubin wrote:

>I am trying to upgrade my box from FC7 to FC10 so I can keep a current
>system. I only have around 300 megs free on the system partition, and
>it is complaining that I have insufficient disk space (it says I need
>more space: 1527 M on /).

Sorry to make things worse, but for me, Fedora 10 underested how much
it needed to actually install.
It ran out of space when it actually started the install even though
it thought there was enough
earlier in the process.

I needed to free up more than 3 gigs before it would actually finish
the upgrade from Fedora 8 to
Fedora 10. The upgrade went pretty well using preupgrade to download
what was needed ahead of time.

Mark