[mythtv-users] xorg high cpu usage

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 02:35:03 UTC 2008

Just to follow up, I moved to a PCIe-16x nvidia card and this is now
working, but there is still something wrong.  Watching HD video (just
using xv, too many artifacts when using vdpau) X is still using an
entire core.  mythfrontend is using about 30-40% which is to be
expected, but I have no idea what X is doing.  Maybe I have something
misconfigured in myth?  I'm really not sure where to look any more, as
far as I remember from my other systems X never used much cpu at all
when watching video.