[mythtv-users] OT: OTA HD

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:08:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 12/23/2008 09:59 AM, Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
>> Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>>> If anyone in Boston has actually compared the two directly I'd love to
>>> hear what they're findings were. It may make me go through the effort
>>> of setting up an HDTV antenna =)
>>>

>> I did a while back and Comcast in Boston area seems to be passing OTA
>> signals unmodified.
>>

> Though not everywhere, it seems:
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1008271
>
> Yeah, they don't have shots of locals, but they explicitly say local HD
> channels in the text.  BTW, it's a very eye-opening (or should I say
> eye-assaulting) post.
>
> Mike

Those are cable channels, not the OTA, sadly, something we've known
for a while Comcast re-encodes. If I could get FIOS I would, but sadly
I cannot.
possibly as they get ride of more analog channels they will increase
the HD quality.

--
Steve
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/