[mythtv-users] writeStringList: Error, invalid string list.

Andrew Gee andrew at webspot.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 13:29:47 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up two backends linked together. This is my first time
building a MythTV system. Both systems are running up to date Ubuntu
Intrepid, with all updates installed. MythTV is coming from the Ubuntu
repositories (multiverse). The master handles mostly everything, apart
from holding the TV tuner. The TV tuner is in the slave backend linked
up to the main backend.

However, I'm having a few issues with this link.

When both backends are running, they lose connection with each other
with the error of "writeStringList: Error, invalid string list" on the
slave and "readStringList: Error, timeout." on the master.

The master backend log can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/d7ce8ffbb

The slave backend log can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/m388db5b3

Does anyone have any suggestions into where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
Andrew Gee.