[mythtv-users] trying to add a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1250

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Tue Dec 23 12:49:05 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 09:33 -0700, Mike Millner wrote:

> Thanks for the replies. I'm further along but still no HD picture.
>
> So I ran the scan from within mythtv.
>
>  It picks up the channels I want and they show up in the TV listings
> with proper names but no programs are listed even after running
> mythfilldatabase. If I try to switch inputs I get a black screen. If I
> try switching to one of the channels..for example here in Denver the
> scan picked up the local Fox affiliate as channel 311. If I hit 311 on
> the remote I get a screen full of snow. If  I switch inputs and type
> 311 on keyboard I get nothing.
>
> from the scan it seems the tuner sees the channel I just don't know
> how to switch to it or to get the listings populated.
>
> ANy guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks again!
> Mike

Mike,

  When I setup my first DVB card (for QAM, or digital cable) I had a
hard time getting listing data. What I did was go to live TV and switch
to the digital input. You should then get a picture. You will need to
have set a starting channel as another poster mentioned.

  The other thing I did was do a manual recording schedule for the
digital channels I had found with the myth channel scan.

Cheers,
James